On a cold winter afternoon there is nothing better than a hot cup of coffee, a good book and something sweet! These cinnamon rolls are super easy to make and trust me super yummy! They don’t require much effort, but when they are done, they are worth all the time you waited for them! Go ahead and try these out..
All purpose flour 1 1/2 cup
Powdered castor sugar 1/3 cup
Dry yeast. 1 tbsp
Milk. 1/3 cup
Brown sugar. 1/2 cup
Cinnamon powder. 2tbsp
Dessicated coconut. 2 tbsp(optional)
Melted butter. 2tbsp
Salt. a pinch
Water. To knead
How to make it
1) Heat the milk in an ovenproof bowl till it is lukewarm, add 1/2tsp of sugar, and then stir in the yeast. Cover and allow the yeast to activate for about 4-5 minutes. After that remove the cover and you will find a layer of froth on the milk.(this means the yeast is activated and ready to use) If the froth does not form, repeat this step.
2)In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar and salt. Make a well in the centre and pour the yeast onto the flour mix. Mix well using a spoon. Now add 1/4 cup of water, and begin to work the dough until it forms a lump. Take out of the bowl onto a clean marbled surface and knead well by occasionally pulling the dough. The dough should resemble a bread dough in texture and should be soft to touch. Transfer to a greased bowl and cover with cling film, followed by a kitchen napkin. Keep in a warm and dark place for 1-2 hours.
3) After 2 hours the dough will rise, now transfer the dough onto a well floured surface and using a large rollin pin roll out into a rectangle of 11/2 cm thickness.
4) Brush with butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon, brown sugar and coconut(optional),leaving a 2 cm wide portion of the long side of the triangle free from the filling.
5) Now brush this 2cm wide strip with water, and tightly roll up your roll. Cut into pieces of desired thickness and place onto a greased baking sheet. Brush the rolls with some butter.
6) place in a preheated oven at 180 degree centigrade for 15-20 minutes till the tops of the rolls are golden brown.
7) take out of the oven and transfer onto a wire rack. Cool and serve.
Icing sugar. 3tbsp
Cream cheese. 1tbsp
Milk. 2/3 tbsp
Vanilla extract. A drop
Whisk all these ingredients well and pour over hot cinnamon rolls….