This recipe has been shared by my aunt…who very graciously agreed to do a guest post for my blog…so first things first…Thank you Bua! You can check out some more of her recipes on her blog!
I tried it today and OMG…its so so good….fresh…light…and refreshing!
Though I omitted the olives as the people I made this salad for are not olive-lovers.
Its Perfect for family get togethers or a brunch with friends…
You are sure to win hearts with this aHmazin salad…
1/2 cup Pasta – use any shape ( I prefer Farfalle for salads )
7-8 cherry tomatoes, halved
6-8 cucumber slices, cut into half moon shape and pulp removed
4-6 squares each of red/green/yellow bell pepper
2 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
1/2 cup each of red and white kidney beans, boiled and strained
6-8 french beans, threaded, blanched and pat dried
2 tbsp frozen corn kernels
1 small onion, thinly sliced
2 cheddar cheese cubes, quartered
1/2 cup seedless grapes, halved
a few orange segments
a few black pitted olives
1 tbsp roasted pine nuts for garnishing
1 tbsp chopped mint leaves
1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
1 tsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 green chilli, deseeded
2 tbsp readymade tamarind chutney ( i use Funfood )
1 tsp honey
salt/pepper to taste
1. Mix all the ingredients for the dressing in a blender and refrigerate.
2. In boiling water add salt and 2 tbsp olive pomace oil and boil the pasta till al dente ( tender but firm ). Strain and run under cold water. Keep aside.
3. keep all the bell peppers and onions in chilled water for an hour before use. Strain and pat dry on a clean cloth towel completely before mixing with other ingredients of he salad.
4. Mix all the fruits and vegetables with the three beans in a bowl and pour dressing over it.
5. at the time of serving , add the cheese cubes, olives and mix well. Garnish with roasted pinenuts and serve chilled.