These are undoubtedly the one form of cake that I make the most! Mostly cause they are absolutely loved by all, but primarily cause they are super easy to make and over the years I have kind of perfected the art of making the most moist, soft and flavourful chocolate cupcakes.
They are the perfect accompaniment to your cup of steaming hot coffee, and make for a lovely snack!
Give these babies a try… Am sure you will love them!
Do feel free to share any interesting frosting/ topping ideas
Chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting
- 1/4 cup butter/ malai(heavy cream)
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp powdered sugar( i’l admit most of the times I use granulated sugar)
- 1. Cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract/ essence
- 1/2tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Salt a pinch( it adds to the flavour, do not omit!)
For the chocolate frosting
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate( finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
How to make it
1. In a large bowl mix together the butter with the sugar. Whisk with a bloom whisk,till it forms a blob!
2. Add in 1/6th of the milk and whisk again. Once it thickens add in 1/6th of the milk, repeat this step again.
3. Add the vanilla, give it a quick stir.
4. Now in a large sieve, add all the dry ingredients and pass it through the sieve.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mix along with the remaining milk.
6. Mix with a spatula to incorporate all the flour into the mix.
IMPORTANT do not over mix otherwise your cake wont rise.
7.Pour into cupcake moulds which are lined with cupcake liners so that they are 2/3rd full.
8. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 10-15 minutes or till a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean!
Unmould and cool on a wire rack.
1. To make the frosting just bring the cream to a boil, remove from heat.
2. Add in the chopped chocolate and allow to it to melt. Give it a gentle stir and when it is nice and smooth and all the chocolate has melted allow it to sit and let it come to room temperature.
3. Once it cools down, add in the icing sugar 1 spoon at a time and lightly whisk it in!
Spoon this frosting onto your cupcakes, or you can even use a piping bag!
Serve with anything… And look at the expressions of people as they bite into these fluffy babies… Enjoy!