Trifle pudding is one of those rare forms of desserts that is liked by almost everyone!
It has the perfect combination, of jelly, fruits, sponge and custard! Its the perfect spring time dessert.
I like my trifle with lots of strawberries and bananas in it.
Its like a cheats version where most of the stuff is store bought and all I do is assemble them and layer them in beautiful glasses.
It can be made for individual servings in a glass, or as one big dish (to divide later) in a big pudding bowl.
Its super super easy and yet looks so complicated, that its almost deceiving to the eyes! But the flavours complement each other perfectly.
Make it right away and enjoy the compliments that follow from your friends or family to whom you will serve this absolutely gorgeous dessert!
Eggless Trifle Pudding
- 1 pack of vegetarian jelly ( strawberry flavour)
- Water as mentioned on the jelly pack
- Plain sponge ( store bought or you can make it yourself, check the recipe here ) The cake should be enough to create a 1 1/2 inch deep layer!
- 2 fresh bananas
- 1 1/2 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 11/2 tbsp instant vanilla custard powder(eggless)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
For the Strawberry Syrup
- 4 strawberries
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup water
How to make it
1. Prepare the jelly as mentioned on the pack. If making individual portions pour into the cups till it makes a 2 inch deep layer. If making a big serving pour into your pudding bowl.
2. For the strawberry syrup combine all the ingredients in a pan and bring to a boil. Gently mash the strawberries and simmer for a minute. Allow it to cool.
3. For individual servings cut the sponge into small pieces. Otherwise keep it whole. Arrange on a deep tray and spoon the syrup on the sponge. Allow it to sit.
4. For the custard, add the custard powder to 1/2 cup milk. Bring the remaining milk to a boil. Add the sugar and cinnamon and stir till the sugar dissolves. Pour the custard powder mix and whisk well. Let it simmer for 1 minute.
Set aside and let it cool.
5. Cut the fruits into thin slices and keep aside.
6. Once the jelly has set and is firm to the touch, arrange the sponge on the jelly. Follow it with a layer of the sliced fruits.
7. Whisk the cooled custard and spoon into an icing bag fitted with a star nozzle. Using the icing bag create a swirl of the custard on the fruit layer.
8. Let it cool in the refrigerator for an hour. Decorate with some fresh strawberries. Serve chilled
When preparing the pudding for a party you can create small shot glasses which serve as the perfect party food.