Yeahhy… I am super excited!! Guys.. I have just been nominated for the Liebster Award. What is the Liebster Award, you ask?I had done some research earlier on when I had seen this award on some blogs that I follow.
Bloggers give this award to appreciate the work of other bloggers who are often new or up and coming. It requires the nominee to share unknown facts about themselves. I would like to thank Haley at If You give a Blonde a Kitchen for nominating me for the Liebster Award. I suggest you visit her blog as she has some great recipes!,
RULES FOR THIS AWARD ARE:
- Thank the person who nominated me.
- Answer questions given to me by the person who nominated me.
- Nominate 5-10 people for the award.
- Ask about 10 questions the nominees have to answer.
- Comment on the nominee’s blog to let them know they received the award.
As part of the Liebster Award, the nominee must answer a few questions that their nominator asked them. This gives readers a chance to learn more about the blogger. Haley asked me the following questions:
1. Who’s your favorite celebrity chef or food personality?
It has to be Nigella Lawson! Watching her cook is a great treat, she falls in love with her food, and cooks with such great passion that its almost infectious!! She perfectly portrays the love and joy and excitement that I myself go through while I cook! I have managed to modify most of her dishes to a vegetarian variant and they are loved by all!
2. If you were to go on any reality TV program, what would it be and why?
Even though I love..love.. love to cook, I would absolutely Love to go on Project Runway, simply for the fact that I have always loved fashion and have designed a lot of my outfits myself and I have been a huge fan of the show since I was a teenager!
3. Who is your biggest blog supporter? (This can be a family member, friend, or fellow blogger).
My mom and sis! Both of them are usually the ones who eat all the stuff that I make, all my successful dishes, and even my failed experiments. They always provide me with critique on my food!
4. If you could spend one day anywhere in the world, where would it be?
New York, trying out all the possible food trucks, restaurants , the central park… everything else NYC!
5. How many other people’s blog post do you read on average, per day?
I do read blog posts, but not daily, maybe once in a week I sit down and read somewhere between 5-6 random blog posts, and Yes I do read most of the blogs that the bloggers that I follow post!
6. What is your favorite holiday and why?
Our recent short vacation to Goa, it was full of adventure, relaxation, shopping and some really good local food! I loved Bebinca the Goan Cake, will be trying to make it soon.
7. Who is your hero?
The Australian Chef Adriano Zumbo! He is a fabulous patissier and I would love to be able to cook like him!
8. One food ingredient you can’t live without? Choosing one ingredient is way more difficult than I had thought! I am an instinctive cook, I very rarely follow any recipies, and so I use almost anything and everything.
9. How did you choose the name for your blog?
Well, as I have mentioned before, it came to me in my sleep! Yes, I’m not kidding, it really did!
10. Cats or dogs?
Dogs! Anyday… I had an adorable, naughty, bratty Labrador! He stayed with us for 8 years!
Now time for me to Nominate some bloggers for this award. So here are My Nominees:
- Kat at What I’ve Baked
- Stacey at Stacey’s Gourmet Kitchen
- Brit at Ghee is Good
- Dipti at Veggies Paradise
- Emmy at Emmy Lewis Bakes
Here are the questions for my Nominees, (I borrowed a few from other bloggers):
- Why did you start your blog?
- What is your favorite dessert?
- Sweet or savoury?
- What was the last thing you cooked?
- What is your favorite color?
- The beach or mountains?
- One dish you hate Eating/Cooking?
- What’s the last movie that made you cry?
- What’s your favourite Cuisine?
- Favorite quote?
Thank you again Haley, its a great feeling that your fellow bloggers are appreciating your work! A sure Motivator! Congratulations to the nominees you guys deserve it, keep blogging and sharing the love!