“All happiness depends on a leisurely Breakfast!”
Rightly so! If you want to be happy throughout the day…Never..& I mean Never step out of the house without a hearty breakfast! It is the most important meal of the day….well I can go on n on about the importance of having breakfast, its scientific and emotional importance included! But to put all of it in a crux… Preparing a healthy, nutritious breakfast is as important as any other meal!
This is why, these lovely Spinach ‘n Corn Sandwich qualify as the perfect breakfast pick! They are super super healthy. Common! Its Spinach and Corn we are talking about! No one needs to doubt their nutritive/healthy value! they are like superfoods, aka, Good For You!!
This recipe can be prepped the night before so all you have to do in the morning is spread the stuffing on the bread and grill the sandwich!
These sandwiches make for a great packed lunch as well, and yes, did I mention kids love their taste as well!
So try these out and let me know what you think of them.
Yes…do share what is your favourite Sandwich…I would love to learn something new from you guys!
Spinach 'n Corn Sandwich
- 2 cups spinach chopped
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- a pinch of nutmeg powder
- salt to taste
- a pinch of dried basil powder
- red chilli powder to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 slices of bread
- 1/2 cup grated cheese(optional)
How to make it
- Heat oil in a pan. add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Drop in the spinach and saute on medium flame till the water from the spinach evaporates,(around 2-3 minutes)
- Add the corn, salt, nutmeg, chilli and basil. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Heat a grill sandwich maker.
- Spoon this filling onto 4 slices of bread. sprinkle the cheese. cover with the other slice.
- Grill till golden brown. Serve hot with ketchup.