So its the first day since I got back to Blogging and as promised… Here is my first recipe. This is a fairly simple soup with minimal chopping but is super super nutritious and healthy! Add to it the fact that you can make it in 20 minutes it is a treat!
It tastes perfectly as it is with just a sprinkle of pepper on top, but if you are feeling indulgent, the. Fry up some bread croutons and serve with the soup! Or maybe some breadsticks or a slice of toasted garlic bread… Serve as you please!
Tomato Basil Soup
- 1/2 onion cubed
- 1/2 small potato cubed
- 1/2 carrot cubed
- 3 tomatoes cubed
- 5-6 leaves fresh basil
- 2 cloves
- 2 peppercorns
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 cups water
- Salt to tatse
- Bread croutons- optional
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker.
- Add the onion, potato, carrot, clove and peppercorn. Sauté for a minute.
- Add the basil leaves and sauté for a few seconds.
- Drop in the tomatoes and sauté on high flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the water and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow it to cool, then blend with a hand blender and starin using a soup stainer into a saucepan.
- Season with salt and bring it to a boil, simmer for 2 minutes.
- Pour into soup bowls. Serve hot.