There is nothing better than a spoonful of Decadent Chocolate Frosting to add that oomph and bucketful of flavour to your cakes and cupcakes.
This recipe is a cross between a Ganache and Butter cream and the result is a super chocolaty – silky smooth frosting that holds its shape even in the peak summers of Delhi!
I use this to frost my Cupcakes that I sell and they are loved by all for their silky smoothness and the rich chocolate flavour that it offers.
Whip up this super easy Frosting and elevate your homemade cakes to store-bought goodness !
I would love to hear how your cakes turn out, so do share the pics!
For the Recipe Video Click here
- 1 cup full fat cream( you can also use malai)
- 1 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 1 cup icing sugar
How it is made
- In a microwave safe bowl heat the cream till it is hot( not boiling)
- Add the chocolate and mix gently, allow to sit for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix well so that all the chocolate is melted and no lumps are left. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Take a sieve and add 1/3 cup of the icing sugar through it. Mix well. Repeat this 2 more times.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Beat well using a whisk for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to a piping bag and use to cover your cakes and cupcakes.